Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide design input to customers for good manufacturing practices for molded components and assemblies.
- Provide engineering support for new and existing programs.
- Provide support to quality department for all validation activities.
- Provide design input to the Program Manager on potential secondary operations for plastics and tooling including: Sonic welding, Dispensing, Insert molding, End of Arm Tooling, Pad printing, Etc.
- Coordinate outsourcing activities as required.
- Coordinate packaging requirements as required.
- Some travel may be required to support customer projects.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical or related field is desired or a combination of education plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with automation and or robotics will be considered.
- Experience in Injection Molding, Automotive, Food Processing, Bio-Tech or Pharmaceutical industries is a plus.
- 5-15 years Electrical Design & Automation Engineering experience is a plus.
- Proven track record in engineering leadership as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices.
- Solid understanding of computers, networking and communication protocols used with industrial controllers.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programming, HMI, Servo drive applications and technical specifications.
- Fanuc, Yushin, Allen Bradly (AB) Control Logix, Compact Logix, FactoryTalk SE, WAGO-CoDeSys, Direct Logics, Click, GP-Pro, Kollmorgen and Control Technique platforms, Bar Code Label Software.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest developments in industrial automation technology.
- Strong communication and people skills for customer interface.
- Experience with automation systems for industrial environments.
- 3D Software; SolidWorks experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position will require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. EirMed, LLC will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
We offer stability, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity for career growth to the right individual.