EirMed, a rapidly growing, state of the art injection molding and assembly company serving the Medical Device, Biotechnology, and Industrial markets is currently accepting applications for a Director of Operations at its Menomonie, Wisconsin facility.
This position directs all activities relating to manufacturing including delivering production attainment, ensuring accurate system inventory, and achieving top part quality. Drives and coordinates activities meeting business plan objectives and performance indicators. Works with Safety Committee for Plant safety and training. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Familiar with FDA, ISO, OSHA and EPA requirements, as well as safety policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, manages and controls operations. Recommends manufacturing methods, equipment and layout.
- Drives progress in manufacturing strategies such as RJG, automation, Kanban, visual control & other activities.
- Directs, coordinates, and develops floor supervision which are responsible for shift operation of presses and assembly. This usually entails a 24/5 operation dependent upon workload.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training and motivation of all personnel
- Directs the cross-functional, customer-focused team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with business objectives/plans.
- Confers with management personnel to develop budget and cost controls.
- Assists in the planning direction of production activities and establishes production priorities for products.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment. Optimizing throughput.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity to product specifications and operation and/or production problems.
- Assist in developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment to improve efficiencies of processes and quality of products.
- Assists in pursuing new business for the company and launch readiness.
- Establishes processes for continuous improvement progress.
- Conducts meetings to resolve or affect settlement of personal complaints and refer unresolved issues to the HR Manager.
- Meets daily to review production schedules and expedite workflow.
- Maintains appropriate communication within area of responsibility.
- Selects, directs and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly to this position.
- Provides orientation and on the job training for subordinates.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Develops training practices and works with Supervisors / Leads to ensure training matrices are updated on a monthly basis.
- Administers performance evaluations as needed.
- Ensures safety awareness, practice and training occurs and is measured.
- Support Quality for corrective actions for non-conformances to product requirements, processes and system failures.
Decision Making Authority
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail, with the goal of clear communication & understanding throughout the ORM organization.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Accounts for multiple & rapidly changing priorities.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification first; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes indirect reports in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self-available to indirect reports; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organization’s core values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation/Results Orientated– Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Must understand OEM quality requirements.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors, particularly technical information.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Preferred knowledge of IQMS.Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University in Engineering field or related discipline and five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of manufacturing principles and practices
- Mid to upper level understanding of electronics, chemistry, mechanics and hydraulics
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Knowledge of statistics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess risks
- Creativity and innovation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
This position will require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
EirMed, LLC will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.